What To Expect
1. Your driver meets you at your pickup/starting point in Belize City. This could be anywhere in Belize City.
2. Once your driver meets you (he would have a sign if at the airport or water taxi) he may be needing to pick up other guests or the journey then starts.
3. You travel for approximately 2.5 hours one way. From your starting point, you travel west on the George Price Hwy, then turn south onto the Humming Bird Hwy at the capital city Belmopan. And then about 45 minutes down the Hummingbird, you’ll turn right onto the Southern Hwy for about 8 miles.
4. There are no stops along the way for this shuttle except restroom breaks upon request to your driver.
5. The drive is beautiful as you travel through several parts of inland Belize. You experience the different Terran and most gorgeous when you travel throughout hills on the Hummingbird Hwy.
How do we find our driver?
We have uniformed staff & our shuttle has our logo on the side (See Above) Please be at the location you shared with us. Our driver strives to be at the pickup point 30-1 hour earlier.
Who do I pay, how & when?
Arrivals and round trip airport services, pay the driver upon arrival in full or you can pay online via our secure payment gateway. Our payment gateway works with a reference code. Please reach out to us and let us know you want to book online, we will then give you a code and you will then enter that code in the form and proceed with the payment. All other transfers will have to be paid to the driver in full.
Amounts are in US Dollars (no coins or bills that are torn or marked as we can’t exchange them here). No traveler checks. We accept US Money and Belize Dollars ONLY. 1 USD equals to 2 Belizean Dollars.
What if we cannot find our driver?
Our staff is always there. Odds are they are just loading up another family into a vehicle. If you cannot locate them, PLEASE call us on our TOLL-FREE number: 1 888-398-1914 or simply send us an email or message via WhatsApp.
Can you have drinks waiting for us in the Vehicle?
Yes! we can. Just let us know upon booking your shuttle online or we can have a quick stop at a store along the way!
How do I know you have my reservation?
As soon as you submit your shuttle request, we will immediately contact you to finalize details and confirm your shuttle. If you are having doubt or forget, please check your email or contact us to verify.
What is the usual tip in Belize?
$1 or $2 to the guy who greets you. Tip for the driver IF he helps you with your bags, explains things to you along the way, or leaves you alone if that is what you prefer. Drivers depend HEAVILY on tips, but they know they must earn them, much like waiters. In the end, you can tip whatever, if you want and whomever you want.
About Hopkins Village
Interesting facts about Hopkins
The friendly, slightly rustic coastal village of Hopkins attracts travelers looking to soak up sea breezes and the Garifuna culture. This definitely is one of BZ Shuttle Service most requested destinations. Hopkins is a Garifuna village on the coast of the Stann Creek District in Belize. It is considered, by some Belizeans, to be the cultural center of the Garifuna population in Belize. The town hosts its own national day, Hopkins Day, and welcomes anyone to their celebration on Garifuna Settlement Day as well. Both sides of the village host amazing Resorts where your driver will safely shuttle you to and from, resorts like Almond Beach, Jaguar Reef, Jungle Genie- just to name a few.
Today Hopkins is a small but vibrant community of approximately 1,000 villagers and is a place your shuttle driver knows very well. The people live mostly by farming and fishing; and more recently, many found work in the growing tourist industry.