Book a shared transfer for an easy and cost-effective way from San Ignacio Town to Belize International Airport. Our shuttle will pick you up from any resort/hotel in San Ignacio Town/ Santa Elena and drop you off at The Belize International Airport on time for your flight. The drive from San Ignacio Town to Belize International Airport is a beautiful drive, sightsee from the beginning to the end of your shuttle ride.
Interesting facts on the International Airport
- All non-Belizean citizens must pay a departure tax of $37.50USD.
- Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport (BZE) is an airport that serves Belize’s largest city, Belize City.
- It was named after politician Philip Stanley Wilberforce Goldson, who died in the year 2001.
- Philip S. W. Goldson is about 1-2 hours’ drive from San Ignacio Town.
- The main runway measures 9,900 feet.
What To Expect
1. Your driver meets you at your pickup/starting point in San Ignacio. Note that upon booking please make sure to mention which hotel/resort or AirBnB you are staying at in San Ignacio.
2. Once your driver meets you he may be needing to pick up other guests or the journey then starts. (IF booked shared shuttle) Please make sure to add your departure flight details.
3. You travel for approximately 2.5 hours one way. From your starting point, you travel west on the George Price Hwy to The Belize Airport.
4. There are no stops along the way for this shuttle except restroom breaks upon request to your driver.
5. The drive is beautiful as you travel through several parts of inland Belize. You experience the different Terran and most gorgeous when you travel throughout the mountains on the Western Hwy.
How do we find our driver?
We have uniformed staff (see above) at the airport to greet you (‘greeters’). They hold a sign with the BZ Shuttle logo on it and your Booking Name. Our team is always around & always 1 hour early prior to your arrival.
Who do I pay, how & when?
You can pay the driver upon arrival in full or you can pay online via our secure payment gateway. Our payment gateway works with a reference code. Please reach out to us and let us know you want to book online, we will then give you a code and you will then enter that code in the form and proceed with the payment. All other transfers will have to be paid to the driver in full.
Amounts are in US Dollars (no coins or bills that are torn or marked as we can’t exchange them here). No traveler checks. We accept US Money and Belize Dollars ONLY. 1 USD equals to 2 Belizean Dollars.
What if we cannot find our driver?
Our staff is always there. Odds are they are just loading up another family into a vehicle. If you cannot locate them, please be seated & call us on our TOLL-FREE number: 1 888-398-1914 or simply send us an email or message via WhatsApp. We will not make you lose your flight!
What if my flight is delayed?
We will be monitoring your flight. You need to contact us if you will depart on a different flight.
Can you have drinks waiting for us in the Vehicle?
Yes! we can. Just let us know upon booking your shuttle online or we can have a quick stop at a store. However, we don’t recommend drinking when departing Belize.
How do I know you have my reservation?
As soon as you submit your shuttle request, we will immediately contact you to finalize details and confirm your shuttle. If you are having doubt or forget, please check your email or contact us to verify.
What is the usual tip in Belize?
$1 or $2 to the guy who greets you. Tip for the driver IF he helps you with your bags, explains things to you along the way, or leaves you alone if that is what you prefer. Drivers depend HEAVILY on tips, but they know they must earn them, much like waiters. In the end, you can tip whatever, if you want and whomever you want.